Monday, January 22, 2007

Good things come in threes

You spend two years looking for a new job, then three come along at once.

Although I accepted the chance to join a newspaper in Fife just a few weeks ago, I've now been offered the opportunity to work as a reporter in the oil industry in Aberdeen.

It's funny how things work out - I wasn't relishing the prospect of a daily commute between Angus and Fife, and just when I thought that my finances were going to take a serious hit as a result, a golden opportunity lands right in my lap.

So all is good in the world of Groanin' Jock! (In fact, I may have to change the name of this website accordingly - Happy Jock doesn't really sound right though, does it?!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've got to love golden opportunities, especially when they're in your lap!